- May 22: The first quarantine exhibition in the history of Trafo Gallery KarARTena reflects the current situation in an effort to bring positive distraction, a common upliftment, and an effort not to remain paralyzed by inaction.
- Now through July: The exhibition Michael W. Pospíšil Prague, etc… displays photographs from the author’s hometown and elsewhere in the Czech Republic. A similar exhibit Paris, etc… is taking place in the Leica Gallery Prague.
- May 23: České dráhy will send a bicycle train from Prague to Brdy and to Český ráj for the first time, KŽC Doprava will deploy the Bezdězský, Rakovnický, and Kokořínský express trains as well as the Posázavský and Pražský routes.
- May 23: Operation of the garden railway at the Prague Youth Model Railway Center opens this weekend.
- May 23: A 5k or 10k run “for all who did not give up: for political prisoners, war veterans, scouts, Falcons, victims of Nazism and Communism” will take place in the Hvězda game reserve.
- Ongoing: Cinestar is open with discounted tickets (CinemaCity is still closed).
- May 24: Catch acclaimed WWII drama Beanpole with English subtitles at Kino Pilotů.
- May 22 and 24: Matrix and Inception will screen respectively as part of the ongoing ArtParking project at Nákladové nádraží Žižkov.
- May 23: Malostranský burger festival sees a line up of veggie and meaty delights between two buns in the garden of St. Martin’s restaurant from 11 am to 6 pm.
- May 23: The Anti Corona Neighborhood Fest is shaping up to be a celebration of designers, food, and drink, and live music put on by UMtrh street market. Open from 10:00-19:00.
- May 22: Prague Fringe Online — the popular theatre festival is taking its act online this year.
- May 23: Concert in the Courtyard — Smíchov’s Eternia has launched a series of concerts, which support the opening of the Underdogs’ club. Start exactly at 19:00. Voluntary admission will be given to the band.
- Now through June 1: American Spring Festival (Online) — American Spring is an international multi-genre festival held annually in dozens of locations throughout the Czech Republic. This year it will take place via a series of live stream events including Iva Bittova (today) and Prago Union (Sunday).
What did we miss? Share your weekend tips in the comments.