Expats.cz Team members share the best recipes for you to try over the weekend.
Spaghetti with bacon by Olga
If you like fast and delicious dinners, this recipe is definitely one of the best! It makes for a good TV dinner but it can also make for a great romantic dinner.
5 / 20 minutes
- 200g spaghetti
- As much bacon as you like. I usually use at least 8 slices.
- 1 medium size zucchini
- 1 large tomato, diced or 8 cocktail tomatoes cut in half
- As much green pesto as you like. I use five (sometimes more) teaspoons.
- Grated parmesan
1. Cook spaghetti.
2. Slice the bacon and fry. The color and consistency of the bacon is up to you. I like crispy and brown.
3. Dice the zucchini and add it to the frying bacon. The zucchini usually gets rather soggy.
4. Then add the tomatoes. I don´t like fried tomatoes, so I add them just before I am done with frying.
5. Now you have two options:
a. Mix everything together (spaghetti, bacon, zucchini, tomatoes, pesto) . I have to warn you that if you don´t have a big mixing pot it can be a bit tricky.
b. Mix spaghetti and pesto separately and serve the bacon, zucchini and tomatoes on top of that.
6. Sprinkle with grated parmesan.