We’ve rounded up 2014’s funniest April Fools’ pranks from around the Czech interwebs. Which one is your stand-out favorite? Please vote for your pick in our poll below!
5. Zip line installed from Petřín to Mala Strana
“Due to increasingly lengthy lines at the funicular we are offering this option to more adventurous tourists,” say DPP officials. See full story here
4. Czechs No Longer Allowed to Label Edam “Cheese”
Experts predict empty shelves when an EU directive comes into force requiring a minimum 10-percent dairy quota for cheese. “We’re concerned to say the least,” say Tesco public relations executives. See full story here
3. Miloš Zeman named “Sexiest Man” in the Czech Republic
“He has that rare ability to somehow be completely adorable and completely macho at the same time,” says a tabloid editor who wishes to remain anonymous. See full story here
2. Czech TV Cancels Dubbing, Offers Original Language Programming
“This decision was made in an effort to cut costs and appease lazy expats,” says Czech TV management.
See full story here
1. Residents of ground floor flats responsible for dog mess
A Prague City Council spokesperson says: “Whether it’s your dog or not, if it’s in front of your flat it’s your job to scoop the poop or else pay a fine.” See full story here