Tip: Visit Expats.cz Education for more education resources, tips and advice for Prague & the Czech Republic!
Ten Czech universities are among the best in the world, according to an annual global ranking released by QS Quacquarelli Symonds. Charles University, the most prestigious university in Prague, tops the list of Czech schools.
No Czech schools broke into the top 100 ranking on the QS List, considered one of the most influential university rankings in the world.
The world rankings are based on a number of factors, including evaluations by international and domestic students as well as the school’s reputation among employers and in the academic world.
The oldest university in the country, Charles University, ranked 260 of 1,000, up from number 291 last year. The university was established in the 14th century.
The top five universities were, respectively, MIT, Stanford, Harvard, CalTech and Oxford.
Several of the Czech universities on the list improved their rankings, including Charles University and the University of Chemistry and Technology in Prague.
Here are the rankings of all the Czech schools on the list:
- 260. Charles University
- 342. University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague
- 432. Czech Technical University in Prague
- 534. Masaryk University
- 596. Palacky University, Olomouc
- 703. Brno University of Technology
- 701 – 750. Mendel University in Brno
- 751 – 800. Technical University of Liberec
- 801 – 1,000. Czech University of Life Sciences, Prague
- 801 – 1,000. University of Pardubice