The first week of October is a big week for fashion and design enthusiasts in the city. In its 14th year, Designblok returns to Prague from October 1-7th showcasing the best of Czech and foreign fashion and design in venues around the city.
To make sure you do not miss out on all the activities surrounding Designblok, here are the most important addresses and events to remember.
If you are interested in furniture, homeware and industrial design, then check out:
Where (1): Kafkův Dum Superstudio (Kafka House) in Old Town square by St. Nicholas’ church.
- Four floors featuring the latest furniture and homeware designs by Czech and foreign brands
- Italian Design Week featuring the best of Italian interiors
- Czech Glass: Old Masters and Robotic Contemporaries
- IKEA PS designer collection that was shown at Design Week in Milan
Where (2): Clam-Gallas Palace Superstudio – Husova 20
- A “Luxury” themed exhibition curated by Jana Zielinski and Jiri Macek
- Fashion and design exhibitions from 20 brands
- Mirror, Mirror, Who Art Thou? exhibit from Okolo and Klara Sumova
Where: Šporkovský Palace – Hybernská 5
- Exhibitions by fashion, jewelry, student and individual designers showcasing projects themed on “the future and development”
- An entire floor dedicated to student work
- The Electrolux design lab showcasing student work
- Designblok Talent Cards where six young designers were selected by a panel of design experts, to present their work in a special exhibit
If you are interested in fashion, Designblok Premier Fashion week brings together 52 fashion brands in Prague kicking off with a fashion show by Hugo Boss in the Church of St. Simon and St. Jude.
DESIGNBLOK PREMIER FASHION WEEK
Where: Fashion shows will take place in Church of St. Simon and St. Jude on Dušní. You can also check out fashion exhibitions in the Openstudio Sporkovsky Palace (Hybernská 5) and Superstudio Clam-Gallasuv Palace (Husova 20). Check the schedule on the Designblok website for exact times and dates of fashion shows.
What: Check out what fashion and jewelry collections by top and up and coming Czech designers including:
- An haute couture collection from Klara Nademlynska
- A fashion show from Libena Rochova during the opening gala
- Fashion brand Chatty will present its premiere collection on the catwalk
- Denisa Nova’s A/W fashion show collection
- See the first men’s collection (Men by ZOOT) by brand, Muset from designers Pavel and Radana Ivancic
- Simple Concept Store will showcase their collection at Superstudio in the Clam-Gallasuv Palace
- A big (20th) birthday fashion show by brand Timour et Group from designers Sasa Pavalova and Ivana Safrankova
- Elton Hodinarska is launching an exclusive collection of Prim designer wrist watches
- Jewelry from Janja Prokic, Vera Novakova, Antipearle, Belka, Blueberries by Marketa Richterova and Zbynek Krulich and Beldafactory.
- Louis Vuitton’s launch of Art Talku, a new collection in collaboration with Japanese artist Yayoi Kusama (at the Louis Vuitton boutique)
- Swarovski’s limited collection of evening dresses inspired by the Kingdom of Jewels collection (at the Swarovski boutique on Celetná)
For more info, visit: www.designblok.cz