2. Chronik & Merky Ace: Leaders of the UK grime scene crash land in Prague for an evening of quick-fire lyrics and heavy bass lines. Support from CZ grime-lord Smack.
3. Bear in Heaven (USA): Landmine Alert brings the US band to Prague with support from Tonstartssbandht (USA) & Terror Bird (CAN). The fun starts at 19.00!
6. Black Sabbath: The English heavy metal band has come a long way since their 1969 debut back in Birmingham. Catch the live show and enjoy a slice of rock & roll history.
12. Freddy Cole – Jazz at the Opera: American jazz singer Freddy Cole performs with his quartet as part of the Jazz at the Opera series. Tickets are available at the National Theatre’s box office or at selected ticket providers throughout Prague.
13. Debussy – Filas – Korsakov: Prague Symphony orchestra conducted by Kazuki Yamada, set in the Smetana Hall of Prague’s Municipal House
16. Respect Festival 2012: The 15th year of Respect Festival, the Czech Republic’s biggest display of world music.
17. Pitbull: Cuban-American music sensation Pitbull sets in motion his current Planet Pit World Tour 2012 in tune with his newest album, Planet Pit. Expect lavish displays of wealth!
17. Evanescence: Incheba Arena hosts the second-ever Prague show for the US band.
23. Julio Iglesias: The original smooth operator brings his huge back catalogue of songs to the adoring o2 Arena audience.
26. Ugly Kid Joe: US garage rock legends hit Prague for a live show. Expect a few new songs during their electrifying live performance.
27. DURAN DURAN: Pop Legends come to Prague’s O2 Arena as part of their All You Need is Now tour. A must see event!
27. GONJASUFI: The continuously interesting and progressive WARP artist Gonjasufi hits Meet Factory for a night of mid-summer madness.
29. Mac Miller: For the first time ever in Czech Republic, Malcolm “Mac Miller” McCormick (20) will rhyme about girls, partying, and drinking in Roxy.
1.-3. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly Ones 2012: Světozor & Oko screening three of the most influential movies of the last fifty years for this minifest: Rocky, Scarface, and The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
12. Raymonda | Bolshoi Ballet: a ballet from the series of the Russian Petipa’s classics was inspired by the medieval environment with castles and knights. Director: Choreografie: J. Grigorovič Hudba: A. Glazunov.
13. MEME FEST: Bio Oko promises “an unforgettable experience for all fans of the Internet and its hidden jokes.” Star Wars Kid, Trololo, Nyan Cat and more on the big screen!
29. The 47th Karlovy Vary IFF 2012: The most important international film festival in Central and Eastern Europe!
FOOD & DRINK
4. Taste of America: Enjoy traditional American cuisine at attractive festival prices in 12 restaurants across Prague. Elastic waistbands optional!
8. Gala evening for India With Love: A fundraising gala event to support the children of Calcutta. Live music, Bollywood dancing, and DJ Pink Panther on offer for attendees of this worthy event.
23. Apetit Piknik: Cake pops, macaroons, quiche, cheesecake, muffins, and more yummy snacks, with a cooking show by Apetit journalists!
2. Corny Wellness Marathon: Zumba seems to be one of the most popular ways of staying fit. So Corny have decided to have a massive Zumba party! Why not?
3. Prague Mayors Eights (Rowing): The historical Vyšehrad Eights of 1939 enjoys a great comeback!
14-17. Lacrosse Prague Cup 2012: Traditional international men’s and women’s lacrosse tournament. Teams from England, USA and the Czech Republic compete.
16. Aerobatic Freestyle Challenge: Aerobatics is considered a very tough sport. It’s full of excitement, tension, adrenaline, and gripping moments. Why not experience it firsthand!
16-17. Weekend tournament in COED slowpitch: An open tournament, so why not contact the organizer and fully enter into the slowpitch spirit?
1-9. Prague Fringe Festival 2012: Steve Gove & his merry band bring the annual extravaganza to Prague. Daily reviews from our very own Lisette Allen.
12. Prague Youth Theatre: Little Riding Hood and the Wolf: Head down to Divadlo Kampa to see this classic tale unfold before your very eyes!
14-16. Prague Shakespeare Festival: Richard III: Divadlo Na Pradle hosts the play depicting Richard III’s Machiavellian rise to power and subsequent short reign. High drama from 1581.
19-21. A Midsummer Night’s Dream: An annual treat. The original dream sequence, with the action surrounding four young Athenian lovers and a group of amateur actors.