Expats.cz presents a live marketplace for members of the international community to buy and sell their goods!
Tell your friends and save the date: June 18, 2011!
The International Market is a fun day event which brings together buyers and sellers from all over the community. Our 3rd market will take place at Holešovická Tržnice – in the Main Square. Expect to find members of the community selling their items, including toys, games, hardware, books, DVDs, CDs, and much more.
You’re sure to find a bargain!
Entry to the market is FREE. Seller admission costs 300 CZK. You MUST pre-register as a seller, as space will fill up quickly – first come, first served! To pre-register, please click here.
Books, electronics, furniture, games, toys, CDs, DVDs, Kitchenware, Relics, Food and much more! A limited number of companies will also be allowed to sell their goods at the event with a flat fee. Also, there will be some entertainment and activities throughout the day.
Sellers display their items from behind their parked cars and wait for buyers, who roam from car to car, inspecting goods and asking questions. It’s a lot of fun – you can haggle for a fair price and sometimes walk away with the thing you always wanted – or the thing you never realized you wanted. But always a bargain.
Why Go to the International Market?
- This is an opportunity to buy and sell used goods from the international community.
- Organized by Expats.cz.
- International food market with food from Mediterranean countries selling wines, meats, cheeses and other interesting food goods.
- The Farmers Market at Holešovická tržnice will be happening on the same day with fresh produce, meats, cheeses, and other products.
- Sellers must arrive between 08:00 and 09:00 (and will not be allowed to enter after 9:30) and leave only after 15:30.
- Opening hours are 10:00 – 15:00 (for buyers).
Have questions? Want to register?
Contact our event organizer Brett (email@example.com) with any questions or call him on +420 776 355 954. We prefer email communication – and expect a swift reply!
To register, please click here.
We welcome all feedback, ideas, and ways to make the event more enjoyable for us.
What kinds of things are sold at such events?
· Toys & games
· Small furniture
· DVDs & CDs
· Electronics & small appliances
· Kitchen ware
· Books & Magazines
· Much more!
In the UK, car ‘boot sales’ are a weekly occurrence; and in the United States every weekend brings a ‘Yard Sale’ or ‘Garage Sale’ to the neighborhood. As folks go through their homes they realize they have way too much stuff. And the rest of us descend on their items with glee! After the success of last year’s market, we thought we’d make this one bigger and better. More sellers, more things to enjoy, more community!
That’s the thinking behind this. If you share our thought, we hope to see you there, as it will be fun for the whole family.
Other attractions at event:
- Farmers’ market – last Farmers’ market of the season at Holešovická tržnice – fresh meats, fish, fruits and vegetables, flowers, fresh pastries and edibles.
- Food and Beverages – sold throughout the day by Belushi´s restaurant, Havelák restaurant and Sasazu.
- Kids area
Getting there by car:
Car park entrance at Jateční Street. We recommend using public transport to visit as there will be very limited parking
Getting there by public transport:
Trams: # 1, 3, 5, 25 to Pražská tržnice stop
Metro: Red line C to Vltavská stop + 5 minute walk
Map of Holešovická tržnice:
Watch the video from last year