Passengers arriving from abroad can now get tested for COVID-19 directly at Václav Havel Airport in Prague.
The new testing service, conducted by GHC Genetics, will offer passengers a safe way to determine if they have COVID-19 and reduce the spread of the disease.
There will be three checkpoints to take the COVID-19 test:
- The corridor between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, open to the public. This point will serve the general public and any departing passengers who need a negative test for their final destination.
- Two locations in each terminal.
Passengers and the general public can take the COVID-19 test. Testing will be available from 4 a.m. to midnight.
“The health and safety of passengers is our utmost priority. We have therefore decided to join the current trend and ensure the possibility of testing for COVID-19 directly at the airport,” Vaclav Rehor, Chairman of the Prague Airport Board of Directors, said in a statement. “We believe that testing will not only increase the safety of passengers and help reduce the risk of spreading the disease when crossing borders, but also make travelling much easier.”
The standard RT-PCR COVID-19 test will cost 1,750 CZK, or 65 Euros. If you want an express test with results in three hours, you will pay 7,500 CZK, or 280 Euros. If you want your test results confirmed by a doctor, you’ll pay an additional 550 CZK, or 20 Euros.
The testing will be done on a first-come, first-serve basis. However, passengers looking to book a time in advance by calling +420 739 500 500 or emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll have to pay in advance in order to secure the appointment.
You can pay at all three checkpoints using debit cards or cash; Euros and Czech crowns are accepted.
Several people in particular will need to undergo testing at some point:
- Passengers with Czech nationality or foreign nationality who arrive from abroad with the obligation to submit a negative COVID-19 test.
- Passengers with Czech nationality or foreign nationality with permanent residency in the Czech Republic who come from abroad with the obligation to submit a negative COVID-19 test.
- Foreign nationality passengers arriving from abroad with the obligation to submit a negative COVID-19 test.
The airport has taken a number of safety measures amid COVID19 concerns, including social distancing guidelines, frequent disinfection, plexiglass at check-in and masks indoors.