Prague, March 21 (CTK) – The number of confirmed coronavirus cases has reached 904 in the Czech Republic, with 124 newly infected people on Friday, the Health Ministry said today.
Between midnight and this morning, 15 new cases were registered. Four people have recovered and there have been 13,704 tests administered.
The biggest daily increase occurred on Thursday, with 205 cases. Most of the infected are in Prague and Central Bohemia.
On Monday, three patients from Decin, north Bohemia, and Frydek-Mistek, north Moravia were reported to have been cured.
A fourth recovery from the coronavirus in the Czech Republic was reported yesterday, a woman from the Moravia-Silesia Region.
No fatalities have been reported so far.
“On Friday, we examined 2,085 people. We are opening new laboratories, being able to test an increasing number of people. So far, we have tested 13,704 people,” Health Minister Adam Vojtech (ANO) has tweeted.
The Czech Republic reported the first three COVID-19 cases on March 1.
The government has introduced extraordinary anti-epidemic measures since, including declaring a state of emergency, a restriction of people’s free movement, closure of schools, restaurants and most shops, and a ban on foreigners’ entry into the country and Czechs’ departure abroad.
People are currently only allowed to go out with their nose and mouth covered by a face mask, respirator, shawl or scarf.
Last night speaking to DVTV, Health Minister Vojtech said the government restrictions were unlikely to be lifted before Easter. He added that it’s probable that schools will not reopen until September.