Do you have permanent residence in the Czech Republic and are you a citizen of an EU Member State? Then you have a right under Section 4 (1) of Act No. 491/2001 Coll., on Municipal Council Elections, to vote in the municipal election. What do you have to do to be eligible?
- You have to apply for inclusion on the Addendum at the municipal council according to your place of permanent residence.
- You can file your application for the inclusion at any time, but not later than 2 days before the election date at 16:00, i.e. until 13 October 2010 before 16:00.
- You can submit the application either in writing or in person.
- If a written application is submitted, it must be delivered to the municipal council by 13 October 2010 before 16:00. The application form can be collected at the municipal council. The application must clearly indicate that the applicant is applying to be included on the Addendum. The applicant must state his or her first name, surname, date of birth, and for more accurate identification, permanent address.
- If an application is submitted in person, it need not be in writing because the municipal council clerk will made an official record according to the submitted documents with the necessary particulars (such as residence permit).
Before voting in the polling station on the election days, namely Friday 15 October 2010 from 14:00 to 22:00, and Saturday 16 October 2010 from 8:00 to 14:00, you will show the district election committee your proof of identity and citizenship of a State whose citizens are entitled to vote in the Czech Republic with your residence permit issued under Act No. 326/1999 Coll., on the Residence of Aliens in the Territory of the Czech Republic. If you do not present this document, you will not be allowed to vote.
More information is available at:
http://www.mvcr.cz/mvcren/article/elections-election-to-municipal-councils-information-for-voters.aspx (in English)
or http://www.mvcr.cz/clanek/hlasovani-volicu-statnich-obcanu-jinych-statu-724861.aspx (in Czech)