Legendary composer Ennio Morricone has had a fruitful relationship with the Czech National Symphony Orchestra (CNSO) over the past half-decade, and is now pairing with them again for a Greatest Hits album due this fall.
The Czech orchestra has played with the 87-year-old maestro on a pair of European tours, and he also teamed with them to score Quentin Tarantino’s The Hateful Eight, which was released last winter.
Tarantino and Morricone were even in Prague in 2015 to record the score, which went on to win the composer his very first Oscar earlier this year.
Now, the maestro is teaming with the CNSO to record an album that will feature some of his most beloved tracks from films over the past 50 years.
Among the tracks selected for the new album will be music from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, The Mission, Once Upon a Time in the West, and Once Upon a Time in America.
Also featured: a pair of tracks from the composer’s latest score to The Hateful Eight.
Here’s the full track list:
- 1. The Man with the Harmonica (from Once Upon a Time in the West)
- 2. The Fortress (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)
- 3. The Good the Bad and the Ugly – Main theme
- 4. Jill’s Theme (Once Upon a Time in the West)
- 5. A Fistful of Dynamite – Main theme
- 6. The Ecstasy of Gold (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)
- 7. Gabriel’s Oboe (The Mission)
- 8. Falls (The Mission)
- 9. On Earth as it is in Heaven (The Mission)
- 10. Nuovo Cinema Paradiso – Main theme
- 11. Abolisson (Quemada)
- 12. Chi Mai (Maddalena)
- 13. H2S – Main theme
- 14. Metti una Sera a Cena – Main theme
- 15. Croce d’Amore (Metti una Sera a Cena)
- 16. Deborah’s Theme (Once Upon a Time in America)
- 17. Stage Coach to Red Rock (The Hateful Eight)
- 18. Bestiality (The Hateful Eight)
The album is set for release on October 7.