What are Prague’s best luxury hotels?
You’ve probably familiar with the Four Seasons, Hotel InterContinental, and some of the city’s other more famous venues.
But what about U zlaté studně (Golden Well Hotel), a smallish and (relatively) affordable destination tucked away down a small Mala Strana street?
In recently-released Traveller’s Choice Awards for 2016, popular travel website TripAdvisor has named U zlaté studně the “Top Luxury Hotel” in Europe – and the third best in the world.
“A beautiful, quiet hideaway at the end of a narrow lane, tucked into the Castle Gardens,” the site quotes from one of its user reviews. “The staff is warm, welcoming and knowledgeable — we felt like family immediately.”
Here’s the top 10 for Europe:
- 1. U zlaté studně Hotel (Prague, Czech Republic)
- 2. Hotel The Serras (Barcelona, Spain)
- 3. The Gritti Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel (Venice, Italy)
- 4. Hotel 41 London, United Kingdom
- 5. Lindos Blu (Lindos, Greece)
- 6. Bellevue Syrene (Sorrento, Italy)
- 7. Le Bristol Paris (Paris, France)
- 8. Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul (Istanbul, Turkey)
- 9. Portrait Firenze (Florence, Italy)
- 10. Kayakapi Premium Caves – Cappadocia (Urgup, Turkey)
Globally, Nayara Springs in La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica took the position of Top Luxury Hotel in the world.
The Alchymist Grand Hotel & Spa, also in Malá Strana, was the only other Prague venue to feature in the 25-item list, coming in at #21.
In the category of “Best Service”, meanwhile, Prague’s Hotel Residence Agnes was rated best in the world, with U zlaté studně coming in at number 19.
Do you agree with the TripAdvisor rankings?