It’s only been open for eighteen months, but this Prague hostel has already won top worldwide honors.
The RoadHouse Prague has taken the top prize in the annual “Hoscar” awards, yearly accolades given to the best-rated hostels on HostelWorld.com, one of the world’s largest online hostel-booking platforms.
Competing against 33,000 hostels in 170 countries across the globe, RoadHouse Prague has been named the world’s best hostel for solo travellers, the Hoscar awards featured category for 2019.
Full criteria for honoring hostels was not disclosed, but the awards are based on a whopping 1.2 million user reviews across the HostelWorld site in 2018.
On HostelWorld, The Roadhouse Prague has a sparkling 9.9 rating from 564 traveller reviews. On both Facebook and Google, the hostel scores a perfect 5 out of 5.
Open since August 2017, RoadHouse Prague focuses on the social aspect of hostel accommodation, and includes daily activities, a fully equipped kitchen, and a common spaces that include a living room with Netflix and a Wii to encourage fellow travellers to make some new friends while staying in Prague.
The hostel’s location is also a big plus for incoming tourists looking to stay in the city center, located a stone’s throw from iconic Prague landmark Charles Bridge and tourist nightclub mecca Karlovy lázně.
The Roadhouse wasn’t the only Prague hostel to rate highly in HostelWorld’s yearly awards: Hostel One Miru, located in Vinohrady, was named the 3rd best hotel in the world for solo travellers.
These are HostelWorld’s top 10 hostels across the world for 2019:
1. The RoadHouse Prague (Prague, Czech Republic)
2. Soul Kitchen (Saint Petersburg, Russia)
3. Hostel One Miru (Prague, Czech Republic)
4. Cozy Nook Hostel (Da Lat, Vietnam)
5. Adventure Q2 Hostel (Queenstown, New Zealand)
6. Adventure Queenstown Hostel (Queenstown, New Zealand)
7. The House of Sandeman (Lisbon, Portugal)
8. Hostel Lullaby (Chiang Mai, Thailand)
9. Hostel Majdas (Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina)
10. Star Hostel (Taipei, Taiwan)