Every tourist in the Czech capital winds up at Old Town Square, the Astronomical Clock, and Prague Castle. But what are some of the less well-known attractions in Prague?
According to a recent rundown of Europe’s most underrated attractions by The Independent, they might not be what you think.
Given that Berlin’s David Hasselhoff Museum ranks as Europe’s most underrated attraction according to The Independent, you wouldn’t be wrong to assume the rest of the list might be a bit… kitschy.
Prague’s Museum of Alchemists and Magicians rates as the #5 most underrated attraction in Europe. Given its ratings on TripAdvisor, however, it might be underrated for a reason.
At #12 on the list, however, is Prague’s Museum of Miniatures, which might be better representative of the kind of attraction that Prague has to offer.
This one-of-a-kind museum offers visitors the chance to see art so small that it can’t be appreciated with the naked eye – – instead, microscopes are used to see each exhibit throughout the museum.
Looking for some other inspiration for underrated attractions in Prague?
We like the special effects Karel Zeman Museum, the city’s brand-new interactive National Film Museum, and recommend catching as many of David Černý’s sculptures that dot the streets of Prague as you can.
And as a less-tourist heavy alternative to Prague Castle, the city’s other Castle at Vyšehrad is also well worth seeking out.
- The David Hasselhoff Museum, Berlin, Germany
- Floating Cat Sanctuary, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Mini Europe, Brussels, Belgium
- Subterranean Art Gallery, Stockholm, Sweden
- Museum of Alchemists and Magicians, Prague, Czech Republic
- The Nose Academy, Lund, Sweden
- Design Panoptikum, Berlin, Germany
- Équihen-Plage, Normandy, France
- The Cube Houses, Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Starkenberger Brewery’s Beer Pools, Imst-Pitztal, Austria
- Chip Museum, Brussels, Belgium
- Museum of Miniatures, Prague, Czech Republic
- Portugal dos Pequenitos, Coimbra, Portugal
- Museum of Snoring, Alfeld, Germany
- La Maison Picassiette, Chartres, France
- Solo Per Due, Rieti, Italy
- Liquidrom, Berlin, Germany
- Kunsthofpassage Singing Drain Pipes, Dresden, Germany
- The Abba Museum, Stockholm, Sweden
- Teledisko, Berlin, Germany
- Pastimes Museum, Rossiglione, Italy
- Österreichischer Skulpturenpark, Graz, Austria
- Electric Ladyland, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Toy Museum, Brussels, Belgium
- Montjuïc Cactus Park, Barcelona, Spain
- The Flipper Museum, Budapest, Hungary
- Museum of Broken Relationships, Zagreb, Croatia
- Alkmaar Cheese Market, Alkmaar, Netherlands
- Rio Tinto, Almeria, Spain
- The House of Galimard, Grasse, France